Deferral Request Form
Thank you for visiting the international student Regular Studies deferral request form. This form is used when requesting to defer an admitted application from one semester to a future semester.
Please note that as of February 10, 2023 deferral requests can only be submitted by international students in Regular Studies programs who have been fully admitted (accepted the offer of admission by paying the deposit and received a Letter of Acceptance).
Applicants who have not yet received an offer of admission, or who have received an offer of admission but have not yet paid their deposit and wish to defer their application to a future date are required to reapply to the future intake through EPBC as a “New International Applicant” (a new application fee is required). Only deferral requests from fully admitted students are accepted through this form. All other deferral requests will not be processed.
As of February 10, 2023, students who have accepted their offer of admission by paying the deposit, and who wish to defer their start date may do so only once per program application, including due to study permit delays or rejection. If students wish to defer more than one time, a new application through EPBC is required. Please note that deferral requests are not guaranteed to be approved.
If you wish to change your program, do not use this form.
If you are a domestic student (Canadian Citizen or Permanent Resident), please contact email@example.com.
This Request Form for Regular Studies Only
Term Intake Information
Please note that not all programs have start dates each term or the next start term may be full. Your deferral request will be considered for the term you requested. If that term is not available, your deferral request will be considered for the next available term.
Please choose the reason for your deferral request.
Please briefly describe the reason you are requesting the deferral to a future semester start date.
COLLECTION, USE, AND DISCLOSURE OF STUDENT INFORMATION
Langara College collects the information on this form under the authority of the College and Institute Act [RSBC 1996, Chapter 52, Section 41.1]. This information is needed, and will be used, for purposes that are consistent with activity necessary to the operation of the College and in
compliance with the provisions of the Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act [RSBC 1996, Chapter 165]. This information will be used for admission, registration, and maintenance of your student record. Information is shared with with Langara College Advancement, Alumni Relations, Langara College Foundation, and the Langara Students’ Union.
The personal information you provide on this form may be shared with the Ministry of Education and will be used to verify your British Columbia Personal Education Number (PEN) or assign one to you. The personal information you provide and your PEN are used for authorized statistical and research purposes only.
Some courses may require students to use electronic instructional resources where students log in by entering personal information, such as
name and email address, which is then stored on servers located outside Canada.
For questions about the collection, use and disclosure of your personal information, contact the Registrar at 604-323-5241.
Declaration of Applicant
I certify and agree to the following:
- All statements on this application and supporting documents are true and complete.
- I authorize Langara College to verify any information provided as part of this application.
- I understand that evidence of falsified documents or misrepresentation will result in the cancellation of my admission or registration.
- I understand that information about falsified documents is shared with other Canadian colleges and universities.
- I understand and acknowledge that it is my responsibility to be aware of, and comply with, all Langara College policies, procedures, and deadlines.
- I understand that Langara College reserves the right to request original documentation/transcripts at any time.
- In consideration of Langara College permitting me to participate in any program, I hereby release Langara College, its officers, employees, servants, agents, contractors, and subcontractors from any and all claims and waive any and all claims I may have now or in the future against Langara College, its officers, employees, servants, agents, contractors, and subcontractors that arise out of or are related in any way to my involvement in any program and all associated activities.
In addition to the above, all International Student applicants also certify and agree to the following:
- I understand that the Authorized Representative is permitted to represent me up to and including my first day of LEAP or Regular Studies
- I agree to purchase medical insurance if needed to cover my period of study.
Admission is subject to assessment of qualifications and availability of seats. Admission to the College does not guarantee the availability of any individual course.