Langara Global is a central service resource for students. We are here to help students with general questions about living in Vancouver, studying at Langara, and getting involved on campus.
We offer many programs to give you opportunities to get involved with our community.
The i-Guide Mentorship Program matches current students with new international students during their first semester at Langara College. i-Guide mentors have studied at Langara for at least one semester – they provide guidance, advice, support, and friendship to new or less experienced students.
For many international students, the first semester in a new country can be lonely and can cause stress as they struggle with the cultural adjustment. The i-Guide Mentorship Program helps new students adapt more easily and feel connected to the college community.
- Students will be paired by the Langara Global team based on the information provided in the application
- Mentors and mentees will first meet in person at a welcome social and reception at the beginning of the semester
- Mentors will reach out to their assigned student at least once per week for one semester
- Meeting for coffee or lunch
- Answering questions about Langara, Vancouver, and Canadian culture
- Helping new students with the essential (library, transit, shopping, banking, or mobile phone services)
- Participating in social, cultural, or recreational activities at Langara or in Vancouver