Here are some highlights:
- Langara completed construction of the LEED Gold certified Science & Technology Building (T Building). Green features include innovative water-side heat recovery systems to target thermal energy waste and protected landscape areas.
- There has been a 29% decrease in Greenhouse Gas (GHG) Emissions compared to the 2007 baseline. This is despite the addition of T Building (12,000sq metres)
- A green building audio tour was developed for T Building in partnership with the Open Green Building Society
- Community engagement with Bike to Work Week and the BC Commuter Challenge
- Participation in the Academic Plan Mini-conference, and development of the Academic Plan Action Group 5 (sustainability).
- Development of the “Shut the Sash” program to educate and engage students and faculty in understanding how to operate the fume hoods in the labs
Langara Facilities Team