People Services has been dealing with a number of concerns from staff regarding the work stoppage at Pacific Blue Cross. This is to inform you that the work stoppage continues and the anticipated date that operations will resume to normal, remains unknown.
In order to reduce delays and improve efficiency in processing claims, Pacific Blue Cross has advised employees to do the following:
- Go Digital with Pacific Blue Cross. In order to be assured of no-delay claims processing, all claims, where possible, should be submitted digitally to Pacific Blue Cross.
- Members should Submit claims or check coverage on-line or with the Pacific Blue Cross app and receive payment in as little as 48 hours.
- Members should choose a Pacific Blue Cross Insta-Claim Health Provider and avoid claiming altogether. You will only pay for what isn’t covered by your plan.
- Members can continue to visit health care providers including dentists & pharmacies that directly bill Pacific Blue Cross.
- If you have already sent in a paper claim, you can resubmit it online or by using their mobile app. Blue Cross will accept photocopies of receipts during this time.
- Blue Cross has significantly increased the list of claim types eligible through their digital channels.
- Newly-received paper claims are being date-stamped and stored securely onsite until service resumes. When work resumes they will be processed in accordance with any claiming deadlines, but they do anticipate delays as their operation resumes to normal.
For more information on services currently available, click here.