Can you hear them? Do you see them? The walking challenge is officially underway as of February 1st and our participants are moving more! First round of prizes will be announced in Langara Post on Tuesday, February 13th.
Weekly Step Submission
- Your steps are due this Friday by 12pm (for February 1st – 8th inclusive).
- Use the online entry form to submit your individual steps (steps can be entered by end of day Thursday when you are done walking or on Friday morning).
- Please note, as some departments only have a few participants whereas others have a lot more; steps will be averaged for departments.
Tips for Increasing Your Daily Steps
Let’s get healthier together. Meet in front of the HR office (B201) to walk as a group around the golf course from 12:30pm-1:30pm every Wednesday during the challenge for the month of February, rain or shine!
- February 7
- February 14
- February 21
- February 28
- While talking on the phone at the office or home, consider standing up and moving around.
- Take the stairs whenever possible.
- Park the furthest from an entrance and walk.
- If taking the bus, get off a stop or more before required. Whenever possible use an active method of transportation to get to your required destination.
- Get up and talk to people within the department rather than using phone or email.
- Take active coffee breaks or lunch hours by going for a walk.
- Lastly, conduct a meeting with another individual while going for a walk – walk and talk meetings!
Keep it light, keep it lively, and keep on stepping!