We are halfway through the Walking Challenge!
Together, in 8 days we have walked a total of 5740 km, which would take us from Vancouver to Reykjavik, Iceland!
Remember to continue increasing your steps by setting a goal, for example, aim to increase your step count by 5% or even 10% from week to week. Also, be sure to listen to your body, but step by step, gradually improve your total step count and your health!
One department dominated the first week of this challenge….
- Individual: – Aarish Shafique with a total of 166,853 steps – $20 Sport Chek Gift Card
- Department: – Facilities team with an average of 97,231 steps – Shoelaces
Way to go Facilities! To collect your prize, please contact Nav Dhaliwal at email@example.com.
Weekly Step Submission
- Your steps are due this Friday by 12pm (for February 9th to 15th inclusive).
- Use the online entry form to submit your individual steps (steps can be entered by end of day Thursday when you are done walking or on Friday morning).
- Please be sure to submit your steps by the requested time and day. The form is located on our public facing website, so it is accessible from anywhere and only takes less than a minute to complete, so get your steps in!
- A friendly reminder, as some departments only have a few participants whereas others have a lot more; steps will be averaged for departments.
PS: It’s Walk Wednesday today! Click here to learn more.