Langara is participating in the BC Commuter Challenge this year and we want to win. It’s as easy as 1-2-3! As the event is occurring this week, you can still register if you haven’t already!
- From June 3–9, commute to work sustainably by walking, biking, carpooling, car sharing, using public transit, or telecommuting.
- Register yourself on our Langara team by clicking here (http://commuter.commuterchallenge.ca/register/uJbJ4a)- it only takes a minute!
- Log your daily commutes for the week online.
Some prizes are awarded based on highest participation, so let’s be a winning team! You’ll be promoting sustainable transportation and healthy living too.
Langara employees who register have a chance to win one of two $50 gift cards. You could also win some amazing sponsored prizes through BC Commuter Challenge, including:
- Pre-loaded Compass Cards
- Car share vouchers (Modo, Kootenay Carshare Co-op)
- Products and gear (MEC, Twowheel Gear, Salt Spring Coffee, Ethical Bean, etc.)
- Lessons and rentals (bouldering, zip lining, rafting, kayaking, etc.)
- Arts, sports, and entertainment (Comedy Mix, VSO, VIFF, Fly Over Canada)
- Tour and outdoor activities (VanDusen, Eagle Wing Tours, Pedal Power Tours, etc.)
During the week of June 3–9, for all participants who register, you can drop by the Advising Counter inside Counselling (B111) in B Building to pick up your participation gift from Steve Daniell.
To add a little bit of variety to this Challenge, if you are interested, you can email Steve your most creative way to commute to work, be sure to include a photo! The winner will be announced on the Post the week after the Challenge is over.
For more information, visit the BC Commuter Challenge website or contact your Langara workplace coordinator Steve Daniell at email@example.com
Don’t forget to log your daily commutes by clicking here.