Please note the following procedures for all employees when reporting an absence due to illness.
On each day of absence due to illness, employees are asked to:
- Call the Langara College Reception (604-323-5511 *0) between 0745 and 1630 hours to report the absence,
- Leave a voice mail message in the employee sick call-in mailbox (604-323-5589) between 1630 and 0745 hours.
- Inform your direct supervisor by phone or voice mail message.
If you are an instructor, you also need to do the following:
- Call the designated contact or delegate to ensure that the department is able to deal with classes appropriately.
- Depending on the time of day, and the lead time before the first class, the Receptionist will also attempt to contact the department / division chair giving them the opportunity to provide a substitute instructor.
- Following that, the Receptionist will post a class cancellation message on the web.
Please advise your students that information regarding class cancellations will be posted on the web. Notices will not be posted outside classroom doors.
Thank you very much for your cooperation.