After a comprehensive national search, a committee with representation from a broad range of stakeholders from across the Langara community identified and interviewed a number of highly qualified applicants. Extensive feedback was also received on our three finalist candidates from additional stakeholders including staff, faculty, and administrators. I would like to thank the many individuals involved in the process – your feedback was invaluable in determining the successful candidate.
I am very pleased to announce that Jane Mason has accepted the position of Vice-President, People and Culture.
Jane has over 25 years of experience in human resource leadership both within the hospitality and health care industries. Jane’s most recent role was Executive Director, Employee Experience overseeing a broad team of experts in areas such as Strategic Advisory Services, Organizational Change, Respectful Workplace Policy, Workforce Optimization, Recruitment and Human Rights.
Thank you to the Vice-President, People and Culture Search Committee for their dedication to this process:
- Dawn Palmer, Vice-President, People Services
- Viktor Sokha, Vice-President, Administration and Finance
- Margaret Heldman, Associate Vice-President, Academic
- Clayton Munro, Dean, Student Services
- Lisa Fisher, Director, Communications & Marketing
- Sherry Chin-Shue, Director, HR Operations
- Darrell Kean, LFA Representative
- Scott McLean, LFA Representative
- Briana Fraser, CUPE Representative
- Susan Watt, CUPE Representative
Please join me in welcoming Jane to Langara College commencing on Monday, February 11, 2019.
Dr. Lane Trotter
President and CEO