To ensure complete and accurate reporting of outstanding expenses and commitments against your budget, we request your cooperation with the following. If you have any questions regarding these year-end purchasing procedures, please contact Purchasing at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Deadline to Submit
Friday, February 15, 2019 is the Deadline to submit Purchase Requisitions for the fiscal year ending March 29, 2019.
Please submit all your purchase requisitions for current fiscal expenditures to Purchasing by February 15, 2019 to allow appropriate time to complete the Purchasing, Delivery & Receiving processes. To be eligible as a fiscal year 2018/2019 expense, all goods/services must be received/performed by March 29, 2019.
Identify a Budget Year on your Purchase Requisitions
Effective immediately, when completing a purchase requisition, please indicate on the requisition the fiscal year (i.e. 2019 or 2020) the goods or services are to be paid out of.
If a budget year is not indicated on your requisition and there is no delivery date indicated, Purchasing will assume you do not require the goods or services until after April 1, 2019 and will not issue a Purchase Order (PO) until the 2020 budget year.
- Fill out your Requisition completely and as detailed as possible. Missing information such as Index, Organization and Account Code, Budget Officer’s signature may cause delay in entering your requisition.
- Allow appropriate time (1-2 weeks) for completing the competitive selection process required for items over $2,000. Anticipated purchases over $20,000 and more complex purchases should be identified using a requisition as soon as possible.
- Allow sufficient additional lead-time for items such as furniture that may take 4-6 weeks for delivery. Insufficient lead time for delivery may lead to the items being charged to your budget in the 2019-2020 fiscal year.
- Requisitions that may have Terms & Conditions/Contract Agreements needing review and Executive’s signature, may take additional minimum of five (5) business days, depending on the complexity of the terms.
- Requisitions must show approvals from technical authorities (Purchasing directive C3001-5) prior to submitting requisitions to Purchasing (e.g. software, A/V equipment, computers, furniture, etc.).
- Please remember that transactions on your C-Card may take several days to be uploaded by the vendor and clear the bank. Purchases processed by the bank before March 29th will be included in the 2018/2019 fiscal year. Purchases processed by the bank after March 29th will be included in your 2019/2020 expenses.
- Petty Cash Reimbursement or Expense Claims request should not be for items/services that should have gone through Purchasing department (i.e. office supplies, furniture).
- Blanket Orders (POs starting with “BL”) issued for the 2018-2019 fiscal year will expire on March 29, 2019.
- Invoices for the purchase of goods and services must reference valid Langara Purchase Order numbers. Invoices for the purchase of services are to be signed as confirmation of acceptance by the user department, then immediately forwarded to the Purchasing. Indicate “final invoice” if such is the case.
Reminder about Purchasing Policy
As a reminder, unless exempted in Purchasing Directives C3001, Budget Officers requesting the purchase of goods and services should do so by completing a purchase requisition and forwarding it to Purchasing to arrange for the purchase.
Contracting with a supplier and subsequently attaching an invoice to a purchase requisition is not considered compliant with College Policy.
Thank you from the Purchasing Department.