Hosted by Langara’s English Department, Strangers on a Train is a monthly reading series devoted to creating dialogue between writers and writing groups that would not typically interact with one another. Each event features writers from a variety of genres and backgrounds: from spoken word to highbrow prose – the up-and-coming, the student, and the venerable. The goal of the series is to encourage discussion and promote collaboration within Vancouver’s diverse literary community (or with members of other Canadian literary communities).
Our next installment of Strangers on a Train for the fall season is on Tuesday, January 29. Join us for a special inter-campus Creative Writing event, featuring readings from Creative Writing instructors and students from multiple academic institutions across Metro Vancouver.
Kino Cafe (3456 Cambie St., Vancouver) at 7:00 pm.
Featured readings by:
- Stephen Collis (SFU CRWR instructor)
- Isabella Wang (SFU CRWR student)
- Crystal Hurdle (Capilano University CRWR instructor)
- Trace Wilson (Capilano University CRWR student)
- Helene Taylor (Capilano University CRWR student)
- Jill Goldberg (Langara College CRWR instructor)
- Kathleen Mann (Langara College CRWR student)
All events are free to attend and are open to the public.
The Kino Cafe is wheelchair-accessible.
For more questions, please contact Thor Polukoshko at firstname.lastname@example.org.