Do you know an exceptional Langaran? Someone who should be recognized for their impact on Langara, their profession, or the community?
Nominations for our special anniversary award, the 49 Langarans close on Sunday, April 7. As we celebrate our 49th year, we want to celebrate those who have been part of our journey. 49 Langarans is an opportunity to highlight the achievements and contributions of our broader community of Langarans, in particular those who have not been recognized in the past. Don’t miss the opportunity to nominate someone you know. Let’s celebrate our diverse community and their contributions.
A 49 Langaran is:
- A former student, graduate, current or former employee, or community partner
- Has had a significant impact on Langara, their profession, or out in the community
- Has not been previously recognized as an Emeritus or Outstanding Alumni Award recipient
Nominations will be grouped and considered under three categories:
- Founder – helped to create a program, organization, or initiative that has had a significant impact on the College or their profession
- Change-maker – someone who has created real change within their profession, at the institution, or within the community through their leadership and efforts
- Visionary – an inspiration to the community, profession, or institution to work towards a better future
How do I submit a nomination?
Visit the beyond49.langara.ca/49-langarans and complete a short questionnaire before March 31, 2019.
On Tuesday November 6, we will celebrate the contributions of the 49 Langarans alongside Langara’s distinguished list of Emeriti and Outstanding Alumni Award recipients.