Since 2008, all public sector organization have reported annually on their plans and actions taken to reduce energy use and greenhouse gas (GHG) emissions. Since 2010, all public sector organisations also report their total GHG emissions for the calendar year as well as offset investments made to achieve net-zero emissions. These reports are known as Carbon Neutral Action Reports (CNARs).
The Langara College 2018 Carbon Neutral Action Report (CNAR) is now available.
- Since 2009/10, the campus area has increased by 33% yet during this same period, our energy usage on and emissions per sqft on campus have decreased by 20% and 43% respectively.
- Our new Science & Technology building received LEED Gold certification, making this our fourth LEED Gold building on campus.
- In efforts to reduce single-use plastic waste, Langara has installed additonal waterfill stations around campus – we now have 18 waterfill stations.
- We installed four additional electric charging stations, and have applied for funding for a Level 3 charging station.
- We designed and developed a new self-guided sustainability walking tour highlighting sustainability points on campus – open to the general public!
Find the full report by clicking here.
Associate Director, Facilities