Fall is always a busy time at Langara and this year will be no exception. The Workday@Langara team will be hard at work preparing for our January 6, 2020 go live, finalizing our configurations (workflows in Workday) and completing testing.
This fall, we’ll be continuing our presentations to teams and departments across the College and staying connected through our 35+ change ambassadors.
We’ll also have more information to share about what Workday will mean for you and opportunities for you to learn more about the system. Here are some of the major project milestones for Fall 2020.
- Open House and Faculty Coffee. Join us at one of our September 17 events. Register online.
- Community-wide Survey #2. We’ll be asking for your feedback to measure how we’re doing in getting the word out about Workday.
- Demo Series (and User Experience Groups). Our demo series will provide an overview of Workday and in-person attendees can participate in a User Experience Group directly after.
- User Confirmation Sessions. Our project team will be asking a small number of faculty and staff to look at various processes in Workday to help test our training and support materials.
- Training. Our instructor-led training will include online participation and be recorded for future reference. Our Training Sharepoint site will also have how-to guides you can access any time.
- Orientation for Managers and Budget Officers. We’ll be meeting with individuals who manage people or budgets to review their roles and responsibilities and how they’ll do daily administrative tasks in Workday.
- Community Survey #3. After training, we’ll send out a survey to hear about your learning experience.
- Sustainment and Support Set-Up. Before go-live, we’ll share our plan for how we’ll be providing support after go-live and how we’ll sustain Workday long-term.
- Go-live for Wave 1A on January 6, 2020. We’ll have a support team as well as how-to guides and other resources to help you navigate the system.
- Refresher Series. This training series will help reinforce what you learned before the break. There will also be how to guides and other resources to help you navigate the system.
PS: Our IT Department is also working on upgrading and making important changes to some of our systems. Read about their top 5 changes coming this fall.