A new term has begun and your filing cabinet is bulging with old exams and documents.
How long should you keep those exams? One year, yes only one year!
What do I throw in the confidential bins?
- Exams, assignments and other student records with names, ID numbers and personal information
- Resumes, contracts, evaluations and other employees’ personal information
- Departmental budget and operational planning records
- Other types of confidential College records
- (Please no plastic, metal or catalogues.)
Where do I find the confidential bins?
There are 46 bins located around campus, including:
B243 – Mailroom
A039 – Receiving
Select Faculty computer/copier rooms
Scheduled on-site 2019 destruction dates for the confidential bins:
Every fourth Friday: September 27, October 25, November 22 and December 20
The Records Management and Privacy web page has retention and purge guides to assist you:
- Annual Year End File Purge Guide
- Filing Guide for Managers
- Filing Guide for Regular Faculty
Contact Joanne Rajotte (5660) or Elizabeth Chong (5628)
Records Management and Privacy