Just a reminder to participate in the Great BC ShakeOut this Thursday at 10:17 am!
Don’t forget to prepare for an earthquake!
Everyone should have a basic emergency supply kit ready, including:
- First aid kit
- Battery powered radio
- Solar powered cell phone chargers
- 4 litres of water per person per day for 72 hours
- Non-perishable food for at least 72 hours
- Manual can opener
Visit PreparedBC for more information!
Remember during an earthquake:
- DROP to the ground
- Take COVER by getting under a sturdy desk or table, and
- HOLD ON to it until the shaking stops then
- COUNT to 60 to allow debris to finish falling
- Then evacuate to your nearest Assembly Area
Ensure that you know where and how to recognize the Assembly Areas!
Did you know? Over the summer, each Assembly Area was updated with new signage to assist with quick assembly during an evacuation. During an emergency, Langara’s Emergency Wardens will be at each Assembly Area to assist with questions and concerns.
(click the image to see the full map)
Langara College Safety & Security
Health & Safety Officer