The Recognition and Achievement Awards honour and celebrate employees for their exemplary contributions to the College and those who contribute to further enhancement of the College’s Vision, Mission, Goals and Values. The categories in which members of the College Community can be nominated include the following:
- Leadership Excellence – honours an employee who has made an outstanding contribution in a leadership role to the internal and/or external community.
- Service Excellence – recognizes a non-teaching employee who, as a partner in the learning process, has made an exceptional contribution to the internal and/or external College community.
- Teaching Excellence – acknowledges an employee who has exhibited consistent commitment to student success and teaching, and has had a significant impact on the academic and personal growth of students.
An exciting addition to this list of awards for 2018 is the newly added Scholarly Excellence category! This award will honour an employee who has made an important contribution to research and scholarly activity through their work at the College. It aligns with the objectives in the Research Plan and will support the development of a culture that:
- encourages critical research
- establishes Langara as an active participant in the knowledge economy support business, community, industry and government
- establishes an institutional commitment to continued educational excellence along with a commitment to student engagement in research projects
- enhances ability for grantsmanship and the knowledge and skills necessary to obtain external funding in support of scholarly activity
Award recipients are announced at the annual Employee Recognition Event in April of each year. In addition to public acknowledgement, award recipients will receive $2000 towards professional and/or leadership development. If you’d like to get a head start on nominating one of your colleagues or yourself, under any of the four categories; detailed information on each of the awards as well as the application process can be found here.