To all new faculty – welcome to Langara!
The Teaching and Curriculum Development Centre (TCDC) and the Educational Technology Department (EdTech) invite you as a new faculty member to join us throughout August for a variety of professional development sessions and a meet and greet lunch. These sessions will orient you to the College, connect you with other faculty members, and support you as you prepare for your courses. While new faculty will have priority to the sessions, all faculty can sign up.
Gearing up for Fall Classes!
- Orientation to Langara (for new and returning faculty)
- Langara’s Human Resources and other special guests will present an overview of the College including:
- Langara’s leadership structure
- Langara’s Strategic and Academic Plans
- Important policies
- Student conduct
- Pay dates
- Who to call for different things
- Emergency procedures
- Faculty supports
- Course Planning Made Simple with Backward Design
- Assessment: “What do you mean there’s no exam?”
Exploring alternative methods of assessing learning
- Active Learning Strategies
- Beyond Digital Cue Cards: Slide Design for Effective Learning
- PowerPoint Slide Design for Effective Learning
- Langara Student Success Course Brown Bag Lunch
- Diversity and Inclusion
- Brightspace Fundamentals: New Users
- Engage Your Students with Audio and Podcasts
- Design for Learning with Tech Tools
- TCDC and EdTech Drop in times
Thanks and enjoy the rest of Summer!
Carolyn Wing, Educational Development Coordinator
Teaching and Curriculum Development Centre (TCDC)